Sunday, July 19, 2009

Just Some Thoughts on...."God Bless You"

I am constantly thinking about things that God has reminded me of lately. One thing is his desire to bless his children and his desire for us to want him to bless us. In the DR this summer, it was important to say "God bless you!" to the people. They wanted us to say it to them. They have a strong desire for God to bless their lives everyday. To them, it's more than just something nice to say at the end of a conversation. It shows the importance of speaking a blessing into someone's life. My friends in the DR have reminded me that no matter how much or how little you have, asking God to bless you as often as possible should rank supreme and should be all that we depend on to supply our needs. For me, I have realized that no matter how much I am able to do for myself and others, unless I truly and genuinely seek God's blessing, it will never be what it could have been without God. I might have the ablility to do many things well but I cannot afford to just operate on my own power apart from the Holy Spirit guiding all I do. When I operate outside of the Holy Spirit guiding me, two things happen. I am not nearly as affective, and secondly, it would be easy for me to take the glory for it rather than give the glory to God. We all know that God deserves all glory and honor and praise! But for some reason we have lost the willingness to verbalize it in everyday conversations. We have relied on our own power and in turn been rendered inaffective at accomplishing God's will and try to take the credit for something that is not even working...how stupid can such intelligent people be? Don't we realize how spiritually poor we have settle into being while at the mention of God's blessing, we invite the power to move mountains? We were created to give God the glory with our lives' and when our lifestyle is all for his glory, God's blessing will flow through , in and out of us witnessed by everyone who hears our heart say "God bless you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment